The Southern Maryland Recreational Fishing Organization, Inc. (SMRFO) is a non-profit, 501(c)(4) organization registered in the State of Maryland. The primary purpose of the organization is to protect the fisheries in the State of Maryland.
The vision of the organization is to be an active and engaged recreational fishing organization in Southern Maryland and to be an effective service organization to the local community.
To preserve and protect the Maryland fishery resources by protecting the rights of recreational fishermen, supporting research in the sustainability of fisheries, and serving the local community by supporting recreational fishing events.
In pursuit of our mission SMRFO has partnered with a number of federal, state and local organizations which currently include:
- Chesapeake Biological Laboratory
- Maryland Department of Natural Resources
- St. Mary’s County Parks and Recreation Department
- St. Mary’s River Watershed Association
- Greenwell Foundation
- Solomons Charter Captain Association
- Patuxent River Sail and Power Squadron
- Maryland Natural Resources Police
- US Coast Guard
- Solomons Volunteer Rescue Squad and Fire Department
- Coastal Conservation Association Patuxent River Chapter
- The Tackle Box of Lexington Park, Maryland
- Phil Zalesak, President
- Floyd Warren, Vice President
- Chris Goudreau, Treasurer
- Amy Widerman, Secretary
See us on Facebook at Southern Maryland Sport Fishing